oink

Author    Toggle Interior Weather Sounds?

kingtalon

• Peasant
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« on: Jun 21, 2017, 23:08 »
Hey all! Firstly, I absolutely love your mod. Out of all mods that affect lighting, yours brings home the money. Moving on, I have a question about RCRN's weather system. I know RCRN comes with it's own Interior Rain sounds but I'm wondering if I can toggle that sound off. I'm running Sounds of Skyrim - Cvilization, dungeons and the wilds so I'm getting conflicting sounds with both mod's interior raining sound fx.

Thanks!

EDIT: I scoured your forums and came across a couple instances where people found or created their own SoS and RCRN patches, but nothing solid to go on. To clarify, I like SoS' interior sounds because of the rain sound fx hitting windows and the overall feel of it. The sounds of RCRN and SoS stack on each other and create an engine-like sound so I just want to disable RCRNs if I can. Hopefully, this is more specific...
« Last Edit: Jun 21, 2017, 23:20 by kingtalon »

kingtalon

• Peasant
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #1 on: Jul 06, 2017, 06:44 »
Bumped for hope.

Jason210

• Peasant
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: Sep 03, 2017, 13:39 »
If you use True Storms, which does great interior sounds, it comes with an RCRN option that addresses compatibility (It just installs another esp). I really recommend you use this mod. It's on Nexus.

SoS doesn't do interior weather sounds as far as I know, but if you want to use it as an alternative set of general ambient sounds, you should install all three options (wilds, dungeons and civilization), plus the compatibility patch. This patch is available at Nexus and is entitled "Sounds of Skyrim Compatibility Patch" by Kenkyo

I use RCRN + EFLX + True Storms and this combo works great for me. I use EFLX for darkening the dungeons and fixing the interior lighting, oh and I also use Realistic Nights to tone down the night light sources and ambience even more.

Hope this helps.
« Last Edit: Sep 03, 2017, 13:47 by Jason210 »