oink

Author    Will RCRN be ported to SSE

skoog54

• Peasant
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« on: Oct 31, 2016, 22:22 »
I'm just wondering if this mod will be converted to the Special Edition.
It is IMO the best weather/lighting mod there is, and it would be a great shame not to have it on SSE.
Since ENBs seems difficult to port it would be a golden opportunety to make moore people aware of this fantastic mod.
I'm aware that the mod seems to be abandoned, but one can always hope.

PandoraX357

• RCRN Developer
  • Dark Passenger
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #1 on: Nov 01, 2016, 03:25 »
@skoog54
Thanks for the comment, always appreciated ;D
While other projects have consumed our time and energy, the discussion of patching/porting RCRN for the SE edition has literally just been raised yesterday. So no decision has yet been made, but we'll surely let everyone know if we can manage the additional workload
Keep following

Fvash

• Peasant
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: Nov 01, 2016, 16:55 »
All the hard work really shows in RCRN, and the attention to detail (like dynamic interiors) make it prerequisite for even returning to Skyrim at this point  ;D

Godspeed you guys !

Leander

• Peasant
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: Nov 01, 2016, 20:27 »
Just tested Skyrim SE but...yes, it looks better than the original but not than Skyrim + RCRN. I only use Skyrim 2k textures, the official highres patches, improved water and RCRN but that's it...so SE is a step backwards. Dungeons and nights are again way too bright, by the way.

Would it be possible to port RCRN to SE? I don't see any advantage. SE has better lighting, weather and effects but all of that is improved in RCRN anyway.

Original Skyrim < Skyrim SE < Original Skyrim with RCRN (and Skyrim 2k textures).

skoog54

• Peasant
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: Nov 02, 2016, 00:32 »
Thanks for the quick reply @ Pandora x357 much appreciated.
I realize that a port/patch would entail a lot of extra work and you have other obligations.
It's just that ever since I started with v.1.6 I haven't used any other lightning mod, they simply don't look good enough.
I also don't feel that RCRN has gotten the widespread appreciation it really deserves.
The reshade presets now used on SSE  don't do very much and most of them look awful.
I'm not going to start my replay until SKSE and SkyUI are ported ( and that will take some time) but I very much hope that RCRN will be there for me when I do.

logan67

• Peasant
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: Nov 03, 2016, 20:00 »
@skoog54
Thanks for the comment, always appreciated ;D
While other projects have consumed our time and energy, the discussion of patching/porting RCRN for the SE edition has literally just been raised yesterday. So no decision has yet been made, but we'll surely let everyone know if we can manage the additional workload
Keep following

I saw you mention "other projects". Would these be game related projects by chance? I too believe RCRN is hands down the best lighting/weather mod available and I do hope it finds its way to SkyrimSE.

aLaaa

• Administrator
  • WOOP WOOP!
    • View Profile
    • www.rcrncommunity.com
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: Nov 14, 2016, 00:40 »
Yeah we might port it, even if our free time is a bit tight right now.

Unfortunately for some reason I didn't get the SSE yet, so I probably have to poke the Steam support to figure it out :(

ZoCKs

• Peasant
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: Dec 24, 2016, 03:48 »
Well, that would be awesome, I just got the Special Edition ;)

Sezneg

• Peasant
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: Jan 16, 2017, 03:52 »
Yeah we might port it, even if our free time is a bit tight right now.

Unfortunately for some reason I didn't get the SSE yet, so I probably have to poke the Steam support to figure it out :(

I am very excited to see this might happen!  Just upgraded to GTX 1080.  Skyrim standard with RCN and Vividian ENB is just GORGEOUS.

Jason210

• Peasant
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: Sep 03, 2017, 13:46 »
It would be good if RCRN gets ported to SSE. It's absence is the only thing preventing me from using SSE. However, I hope any future version is even more configurable. For example, it would be nice if there options to use it with SoS and True Storms, instead of having to rely on patches.

aLaaa

• Administrator
  • WOOP WOOP!
    • View Profile
    • www.rcrncommunity.com
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: Sep 17, 2017, 22:59 »
It would be good if RCRN gets ported to SSE. It's absence is the only thing preventing me from using SSE. However, I hope any future version is even more configurable. For example, it would be nice if there options to use it with SoS and True Storms, instead of having to rely on patches.

We would like to, but we're kinda short in time right now. Additionally we don't really own SSE for some reason (despite we own all the DLCs) :(

But yeah, this is something I truly want to do, sooner or later we'll resume the development.