Today we took a little break from coding at the office, kept the Creation Kit closed and decided to check out how far the Skyrim engine could be pushed until either our test rig blew up or Skyrim started its infinite series of crashes to desktop.
We removed the dust from our .ini tweaks, pushed the settings of our GTX580 to their limit, via the driver panel and we added a few selective mods in order to enhance some aspects of the game, that are not covered by RCRN… and… here are our results!
- RCRN (Pure Preset + Fxaa + Volumetric Fog + Sharpening)
- Official HD Texture pack
- Lush Grass
- Grass and Grass (slightly edited by us)
- Better Dynamic Snow
- AOF Detailed Mountains
- Asus GTX 580 DirectCU II
- Intel E8400@4.1GHz cooled by Prolimatech Megahalems Black Series
- Asus Rampage Extreme X48
- 8GB OCZ Intel Extreme Edition DDR3 @ 1600MHz CL7
- SSD OCZ Agility3 64GB (reserved for Skyrim)
- Steelseries Sensei
- Steeleries Siberia v2 Frost Blue
- Steelseries 9HD mousepad
AVERAGE FRAMERATE: 35fps (with the extreme settings used for this showcase)
Do you have any cool RCRN shots hoarding space on your HDD? Post them on our Facebook page! They may get featured next week!